Friday 25 May 2012

While I am still working on the Lacy Duster, only have a few more rows and then the sleeves, I've put it down and have started yet another project. 


I picked up some Zhivago yarn at our local Super IGA, it was only $1.99 per ball.  I'm not sure about the colour changes, my main yarn is purple I also have blue and fushia yarns.  If I do go with the colour changes it will be only around the edge of the bolero section, not the the rest.  

Am using a 5 mm hook and the yarn is crocheting up nicely, it's so soft and smooth.  The only problem I've had is with counting, apparently I can't count.  I'm on my third version of tthe front bodice, this time I kept track with pins and concentration. 

Yesterday I had the car booked in for service at the dealership, they like to have the car in early which meant an early rise.  The dealership is 45 minutes away but you can more than double that during peak hour.  Left home at 7.35 and did go a little out of my way so I could check something at work first, got to the dealer at 9.30.  Usually the latest I drop it off at is 8.30 and it's ready in an hour or two, but being so late, they said it would be ready around 3pm.  Their courtesy bus dropped me close to Bondi, I then walked to and along the beach.  There were only a few brave souls in the water, most wearing full wetsuits.  The sun came out long enough to snap some shots with my phone.
Spent a couple of hours, beach, lunching and shopping before catching a bus, then train and walking back to the dealer.  Was told the car would be 40 minutes more so I crocheted and drank tea in their lounge.  True to their word I was in the car and on my way at 3.39. 

No comments:

Post a Comment