Used a white hand towel that had an embroidered Lavender design to make the cover. Real simple all I did was fold the handtowel in thirds inside out, stitched the sides and turn right side out. There was no need for closures as the cover envelopes the pack. I'll make another and add photos when the camera issue is worked out, am hoping it's only the batteries not taking a charge and not the camera itself. The Lavender Pack I bought but they can be easily made, I wanted to support a local crafter.
My latest more adventurous project is
Lacy Duster by Doris Chan. It's going quite well, if you don't count a late night meltdown where I was misreading the pattern and getting the count wrong. Ended up sending a
Not being able to get the recommended yarn locally I first googled to find substitutes, 10 ply was the most recommended. 10 ply acrylic is almost non existant over here, so I tried 2 strands of 5 ply but found the resulting crochet looking too chunky and not at all like online photos. When I tried 8 ply with 5.5mm hook I was pleased but wanted softer so am using 6mm hook. I had completed to the armhole, the duster body is crocheted from the neck down and with the 5,5 hook the armhole sat a little too high, am almost at that stage with the 6mm, the sizing should be much better.
This past month I've been going to a weekly Crochet/Knitting group and a fortnightly Spinning workshop at a local Spiritual Centre. I had the need for more socialising and this is perfect. Each is only $5, tea and morning tea included and I've met some wonderful ladies. This week I dragged my daughter along, who after intially declining to learn crochet asked if she could learn half way through the morning. The challenge was that she is left handed and I am right but we got through it and now she is happily working on her first Granny Square. She is quite a loner so the social aspect is going to be so good for her too.
And the mostest bestest part is that I am actually getting things finished so far I've finished a child's top and the blanket which had been my largest completed project, I have a tablecloth on the go, it's sat waiting for 18 years to be finished once I work out what hook size I was using it will be pulled out again.